About Me

My photo
Married mama to 4 great kids. Lover of coffee, crochet, Jesus and people, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What I Learned at VBS

Last night was the first night of Vacation Bible School at my church. This week, the kiddos are learning all about being a spy for GOD!
 

It is an awesome concept, and I can't wait to see what God teaches me as well.  Last night was rough. I was shepherding, along with another "agent", the 4th and 5th graders.  It could have been a great night! I could have remembered that these kids are 9 and 10 year olds. I could have seen them as God sees them.  I could have done and thought so many things differently, but what I did was blame these kids for my rotten evening mood attitude.  They were too busy talking, pushing, hitting, shooting each other with finger guns, kicking, rough housing, and interrupting to pay attention and absorb anything.  They spoke out, instead of listening. 

I'm embarassed to admit that I didn't handle it well.  In fact, this morning, as I was going over it in my head, I was ready to quit or be reassigned, but that is when God whispered ever so gently to my soul. 

I am no different from these children.  God tries to get my attention. He tries to teach me and mold me and love on me, and I am too distracted to "absorb anything". 

God daily forgives me and continues trying to reach me.  He hasn't given up on me, yet. Thankfully, He has not reassigned Himself to another, more willing to learn "pupil". 

Tonight, I will return to those precious 4th and 5th graders with this thought in mind...  How can I show them that I love Jesus and need Him just as much as they do?

No comments:

Post a Comment