About Me

My photo
Married mama to 4 great kids. Lover of coffee, crochet, Jesus and people, but not necessarily in that order.

Friday, July 20, 2012

A Summer Slips Away

If you "follow" me on Pinterest, then you know that I have a HUGE board filled up to the brim of Summertime stuff. There are tons of amazing ideas and pictures and tutorials of how to have an amazing summer, crafts to create, books to read, yummies to devour. 



This summer, as with most summers, I started off with so many ideas (in my head) about how this summer was going to be different. It was going to be the summer that we watched little tv and learned stuff.  We were going to go to lots of great places, like Kaleidoscope and maybe even the aquarium.  We were going to READ A LOT!  We were going to practice our math and cook and experiment and enjoy the outdoors, even when it's HOT. 

This summer has also done as so many... it has slipped away!  I am grasping desperately at the last few weeks of summer and vowing to squeeze 3 months worth of fun into them before I head back to work. 

Would you even believe that I started thinking today about planning for next summer?!? Cuz', ya know, I lack a plan!  I even penciled it onto my calendar for March...PLAN FOR SUMMER.

BUT...The summer isn't over, yet!!  And while it is way to HOT to even think about heading to my "coveted" camping vacation that we had planned for next week, we can still fill it to the brim with fun and learning, right? 

On my list to do before the end....

Visit the Sprinkler Park
Swim with Friends
Kaleidoscope
Children's Museum
Federal Reserve to learn about MONEY
and maybe...
The Aquarium

No comments:

Post a Comment