About Me

My photo
Married mama to 4 great kids. Lover of coffee, crochet, Jesus and people, but not necessarily in that order.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Rafael - My Word, My Focus for 2014

See that man up there? That handsome man in the white cowboy hat? Look at him for a bit. Now focus in. That man, right there will be my focus for the year of 2014...

 
 
RAFAEL
 
 
 
Last year, I read several blogs and snippets about a verse of the year or a word of the year. People chose a verse or a word to focus on throughout the year.  There were some amazingly inspiring words as focus for 2013... intentional, love, inspire, courage...
 
I told you they were great!  I thought about it long and hard, so long and hard that I never really landed on a word, then I promptly forgot about it. 
 
So, this year, when I again started seeing #wordoftheyear all over the blogosphere, I got to thinking again.  I asked God for a word. I tried a couple of them on... intentional? focus? marriage?  They seemed like a good enough place the start, but then, I read Sarah Mae's blog. She decided to use her husband's name as her word of the year.  I liked it, but was it right for me for 2014?
 
I thought about it, a lot. I prayed about it, a little (just trying to keep things honest, here). Then, I went about my day. I kept rolling all of the words over my tongue and through my mind as I set about my daily tasks. And things kept happening. Little things...I listened to a webcast from Focus on the Family about our behavior in marriage. I looked at my cart on Christianbook.com and noticed that it was full of marriage books, and then I added one more book to the cart which made my balance a perfect balance to get free shipping, and I knew that it was the word that God was placing on my heart for 2014.  I know it seems like a stretch, but it was the confirmation that I was looking for (as if the fact that he works tirelessly each and every day to support our family wasn't enough).
 
 
It would be lying if I said that it's going to be easy.  It won't be.  I'm honestly a little afraid to be putting this out there. I know that focusing on my husband, my man, my love will be one of the hardest things I do this year.  I will have to contend with Satan on this, but mostly I will have to deal with my own selfish desires. But, I love this man, and he is worth it!
 
So, here it goes.  2014 - The year of Rafael...

I am linked up with Sarah Mae's blog.  So, go check it out and see other women with a similar word of the year!




 



1 comment: